CEED/ COMMOM ENTRANCE EXAMINATION FOR DESIGN
Common Entrance Examination for Design (CEED)Syllabus 2017 informs candidates about the topics that are to be studied by them for attempting the paper. Scheduled for January 22, CEED 2017 will be conducted in two parts. All candidates must answer both the parts. Part A will have questions related to Visualization and Spatial Ability, Environmental and Social Awareness, Analytical and Logical Reasoning, Language and Creativity, Observation and Design Sensitivity. Part B of CEED 2017 will evaluate Drawing, Creativity, Communication Skills and Analytical & Problem Solving Skills.
CEED Syllabus 2017 for Part A
- Visualization and Spatial Ability: Pictorial and diagrammatic questions to test the understanding of transformation
- and I or manipulation of 2D shapes and 3D objects and their spatial relationships.
- Environmental and Social Awareness: General awareness of environmental factors such as climate, population,
- water, vegetation, pollution, weather, natural resources etc., and their implications on the design of products,
- images, infrastructure and environment. Awareness of design terminologies, social and cultural connection with
- design, history of the designed artefact, and socially responsible and environmentally sustainable design responses.
- History of art, sculpture and literature.
- Analytical and Logical Reasoning: Ability to analyse given information logically and select the most appropriate
- Ability to weigh opinions, arguments or solutions against appropriate criteria. Ability to use logic and
- structured thinking to deduce from a short passage, which of a number of statements is the most accurate response
- to a posed question.
- Language and Creativity: Ability to understand passages in commonly used English language. Ability to think
- creatively in terms of alternatives, ability to distinguish innovative options and think out of the box.
- Design thinking and Problem Solving: Ability to understand the context, the users and the constraints and select the
- most appropriate solution for a given design problem.
- Observation and Design Sensitivity: Ability to detect concealed properties in day to day life and think critically about
- Ability to discern subtle differences in visual properties and aesthetic outcomes.
CEED Syllabus 2017 for Part B
- Drawing: Ability to draw products, people or scenes in proportion with good line quality, composition, proportion,
- perspective, and shading.
- Creativity: Ability to think out of the box and come up with unique as well as diverse solutions.
- Communication Skills: Ability to communicate concepts and ideas clearly with the help of text and visuals.
- Analytical and Problem Solving Skills: Ability to understand the user and the context, knowledge of properties of
- materials and process and their appropriate use in design, originality of solutions, ability to create characters, plots
- and stories, etc.
- CEED 2017 will be an aptitude test, and hence no specific text book/guide is recommended for its preparation. The
- candidates may however practice their drawing, rendering and visualization skills.
CEED Syllabus Preparation for CEED Exam 2017
- Color theory
- Communication skills
- Creative writing skills
- Design concept
- Drawing abilities and skills
- How to develop characters
- Light and shadow
- Logical reasoning
- Logo designing
- Problem identification and design problem solving
- Product designing
- Scale and proportion.
Please note – The above topics are only broadly defined. This syllabus is not specified by IIT Bombay. Candidates must sharpen their skills in the above mentioned areas to get high score in CEED exam.
CEED Exam Pattern
Let us now look at what exactly you will face in the CEED exam.
Part A – The CEED exam question paper will have two parts. The first part, Part A will have multiple choice questions. All the candidates who qualify this part only will be eligible for the next section. Say there are N seats, then about 10X N candidates who score highest in Part A will be scored in Part B.
How to prepare for CEED Part A?
The CEED exam part A is basically a screening test. You need to aim to score high to be at least eligible for the next section. Here are some CEED Preparation Tips that may come in handy.
- General Knowledge – This section is famous for asking questions on basic GK. The questions are not widely irrelevant to design and architecture. There could be questions on symbols, artists and their paintings, Indian history.
- Expect the unexpected – In 2013 there was a question on mechanical pulleys. This was slightly unexpected. But as IIT B has clearly said there is no defined syllabus, be prepared for such surprises. Basically the section tests your aptitude, awareness and knowledge.
- Refresh your knowledge on Indian history, temples, architecture and geography. This may or may not be directly useful, but will help you answer some of the direct questions.
- Learn to identify correct perspectives, art forms and sectional projections.
- Testing design/Drawing/Writting skills – You will not be asked to testing design / drawing / writting skills anything in Part A. But extensive knowledge in the field will help in acing the section.
Part B – The marks scored in this section only will be used to calculate the merit list. This section will have questions on design and hand drawing.
There are expected to be three (3) compulsory questions, and any 1 among next three. So in total there are expected to be four questions.
Please note – the pattern may change year to year.
Two hours are allotted for this section.
Answers to Part A have to be given in the computer itself. Answers to Part B have to be given in the answer book provided by the invigilator.
These answer books will be collected for manual correction at the end of the examination.
Why join TRYTOON ACADEMY for CEED Coaching Classes?
- TRYTOON ACADEMY has is own Unique training programme according exact need of entrance exams.
- Our Institute has the expert and professional team from different area of expertise like Design, Fine Arts, Architecture .
- Best Infrastructure 2000 sq ft, Wi-Fi campus, Computer lab, Library, Projector, AC classroom to give our best to the students and unique way of Teaching.
- Our team has giving Individual attention to all the students achieve success in their goal.
- Our Unique training programme provide Creative teaching and Resonance skill to the exact need of entrance exam curriculum.
- We arrange Practical workshop for expose design skill and sparks their brain to touch our goal.
- E-smart class room expose our students their updates
- We conduct many Mock test for NIFT/NID/NATA to become more confident and time mange their time during exams .
- Exclusive update Materials we provide our students from our experts.
- Interaction with NID/NIFT/CEPT/NATA Alumni to get an idea about exam pattern.
- Doubt clearing session and class test once in a week.
- We conduct Motivational classes for building self confidence of the students
- Revision classes arrange in a month to recalled what they have learned.
- Outdoor sketching to understand more about Composition & Perspective.
- TRYTOON ACADEMY offers Regular, Weekend, Crash course, Situation and Studio Test batches and considers school and college timings for batch as per student convenient.
- Individual attention
- Creative teaching and Resonance skill
- Practical workshop
- E-smart class room
- Mock test
- Exclusive Materials
Admission Procedure :-
- Registration Amount Rs-3000
- Submitted passport size 2 Nos of photo copy.
- Submitted Academy Certificate 2 Nos of Xerox copy
- Submitted Residential prove certificate Xerox copy [Voter ID or Pan Card].
- Attached Payment receipt Xerox copy.