NATA / NATIONAL APTITUDE TEST IN ARCHITECTURE
” I call Architecture frozen music” said Johann Wolfgang von Goethe the German writer hinting at the highly aesthetic and artistic element inherent in the field of Architecture study.
The study of architecture actually relates to the art and science of designing buildings and involves planning, designing and constructing form, space and ambiance to reflect functional, technical, social, environmental and aesthetic considerations. It requires the creative manipulation and coordination of materials ,multimedia and technology and, also, of light and shadow.
For the aspiring student on the look out for a career in this field, it is mandatory for him/ her to undertake the NATA or National Aptitude Test in Architecture that will test the following skills like:
Sense of proportion
Critical thinking ability
Excellent and dedicated NATA coaching classes in Bhubaneswar organized through TRYTOON ACADEMY,Bhubaneswar, near Pavamani Road orient and test the candidate on these qualities in a 21 day span raising manifold the chances of the student to succeed in the NATA qualifier examination.
The testimonial for this claim lies in the results for last season (2014) where the first 4 ranks were bagged by students who utilized NATA coaching classes from TRYTOON ACADEMY,Bhubaneswar, Best
nata coaching centres in Odisha.
TRYTOON ACADEMY,Bhubaneswar,nata coaching centres in Bhubaneswar- a premiere institution in the Malabar region, under the auspices of it’s Architecture department, started providing NATA coaching classes in Bhubaneswar from 2009 on wards and have successfully trained over 600 candidates towards their chosen career path. NATA coaching classes from TRYTOON ACADEMYare conducted by experienced architect and engineering faculties that accounts for the large percentage of qualifiers within the first one hundred NATA winners. The team of specialist coaches employ an exam oriented style that improves the confidence level of the candidate remarkably and establishes how easy it really is to take the NATA test.
The NATA test qualifier becomes eligible for admission to the 5 year B Arch degree anywhere in India.
Some relevant Q and A about the NATA test
How to Apply
- NATA 2016 Registration form can filled and submitted ONLINE from this website by payment of NATA fees of Rs. 1250.00 (+ Processing Charges) using Netbanking / Credit Cards / ICICI Isure Bank Challan
- Download the Prefilled Registration form and procure the necessary registration documents.
- Select a Test Center / Region (from the website www.nata.in) at a location convenient to the candidate. Approach the Test center for Appointment for NATA Exam.
Any person having passed SSC (Std X) or equivalent examination and above can appear for NATA. However, only candidates who have qualified an aptitude test in Architecture and have secured 50% marks in 10+2 or equivalent examination with Mathematics as one of the subjects, shall be eligible for admission to B.Arch. Course. No direct lateral admission is allowed at any year/stage of B.Arch. course based on any qualification. NATA score shall be valid for a period of two years from the year in which one appeared.
NATA Entrance Exam Pattern
The test is in two parts. A paper based drawing test for two hours and computer based online aesthetic sensitivity test for one hour.
This is a two hour paper where candidate has to attempt two questions. One of the questions has two sub questions. The drawing aptitude is judged on the following aspects –
- Ability to sketch a given object proportionately and rendering the same in visually appealing manner.
- Sense of perspective drawing.
- Creating interesting two dimensional compositions using given shapes and forms.
- Creating visual harmony using colors in given composition.
- Understanding of scale and proportions.
- Drawing from memory through pencil sketch on themes from day to day experiences.
- Combining and composing given three dimensional elements to form a building or structural form
Aesthetic Sensitivity Test
This is computer based adaptive test of one hour where candidate has to answer 40 multiple choice questions. This means that each questions difficulty level and marks depend on whether the preceding question was answered right or wrong. The aesthetic sensitivity test measures perception, imagination and observation, creativity and communication along with architectural awareness and comprises of –
- Visualizing three dimensional objects from two dimensional drawings.
- Visualizing different sides of three dimensional objects.
- Indentifying commonly used materials and objects based on their textural qualities.
- Analytical reasoning.
- Mental Ability.
- Imaginative comprehension and expression.
- Architectural awareness.
Score Card / Mark List
The score cards will be available on NATA website in e-format. Usually, the score cards will be posted on the website on the fourth working day after the test. The candidate, after fourth day may check his score directly from website giving his / her candidate ID. However, print out taken by the candidate of such score card will be only for reference and information. Candidate, however, may use print out of this score card while applying for the admission if the admission authority calls for the same. Original score card will be retrieved and verified by the admission authority directly from NATA server. Only the score card stored on NATA server is valid and no print/ hard copy will be considered valid. The NATA score shall be valid for a period of two years from the year in which the applicant appeared for the NATA Test. NOTE: Occasionally, delays in processing may occur. Some scores will not be available on the dates specified. Please check again. Only if the score card is still not seen after 7 days, we suggest the candidate to follow the process mentioned on the website www.nata.in. Cumulative Reporting (Score Retention) NATA score reporting is cumulative. Current NATA policy states that the candidate’s scores are retained for the two years from the date of last test taken.
Applying to Institutions for Admission
As per Council of Architecture regulations, a candidate applying to any school / college of architecture in India should have 50% marks in 10+2 or equivalent examination with mathematics as one of the subject and as per admission guidelines prescribed by CoA and have achieved 40% score in NATA, i.e. at least 80/200, for consideration of admission into first year of 5-year B.Arch. Degree Course.
Why join TRYTOON ACADEMY for NATA Coaching Classes?
- TRYTOON ACADEMY has is own Unique training programme according exact need of entrance exams.
- Our Institute has the expert and professional team from different area of expertise like Design, Fine Arts, Architecture .
- Best Infrastructure 2000 sq ft, Wi-Fi campus, Computer lab, Library, Projector, AC classroom to give our best to the students and unique way of Teaching.
- Our team has giving Individual attention to all the students achieve success in their goal.
- Our Unique training programme provide Creative teaching and Resonance skill to the exact need of entrance exam curriculum.
- We arrange Practical workshop for expose design skill and sparks their brain to touch our goal.
- E-smart class room expose our students their updates
- We conduct many Mock test for NIFT/NID/NATA to become more confident and time mange their time during exams .
- Exclusive update Materials we provide our students from our experts.
- Interaction with NID/NIFT/CEPT/NATA Alumni to get an idea about exam pattern.
- Doubt clearing session and class test once in a week.
- We conduct Motivational classes for building self confidence of the students
- Revision classes arrange in a month to recalled what they have learned.
- Outdoor sketching to understand more about Composition & Perspective.
- TRYTOON ACADEMY offers Regular, Weekend, Crash course, Situation and Studio Test batches and considers school and college timings for batch as per student convenient.
- Individual attention
- Creative teaching and Resonance skill
- Practical workshop
- E-smart class room
- Mock test
- Exclusive Materials